- PhD Political Science, University of Oklahoma (O.U.) 1971
- M.A. Latin American Studies, University of Oklahoma 1966
- M.A. Education-English, Sam Houston St. Univ. 1962
- B.A. History, Univ. of Texas, Austin 1965
- B.S. Biology & Chemistry, Sam Houston St. 1960
- –Honorary Dr. of Religious Philosophy, Jacksonville Theological Seminary, 2000
- Retired as Full Professor, political science, Southwestern Okla. St. Univ. in 1996
- Troy State University, European Theater, 1974-76, 1987-88(on leave, SWOSU)
- (four years teaching in graduate degree program in international relations, Germany, Spain, UK)
- Oklahoma Baptist University, Lecturer in Govt. 1968 Graduate Teaching Assistantship OU 1966-67.
- Retirement Teaching: Montgomery College, Oxford Graduate School, Le Tourneau Univ.
- Spanish Translator, Anthropological Expedition, Yucatan Peninsula, 1977(discovered a Mayan Temple), Director, SWOSU Center for Regional Studies; Founder & Ed.-in-Chief, Westview Magazine.
- As of 1996 Retirement Yr.” Ed. Newsletter, Latin American Studies Assoc.; Sponsor, Model UN Group; Advisor, SWOSU Political Science Assoc.; Sponsor, College Republicans (Dec.’94, Nat’l Club of Month)
Cuban Shadow Over the Southern Cones 1977(Tyler Co., Austin)
History of Montgomery County 1974 (Jenkins Co., Austin)
History of Montgomery County 1986(Texas Sesquicentennial Comm. Edition)
Cut’n Shoot , Texas 1984 (Eakin pub., Austin)
Tortured Destiny: Lament of a Shaman Princess 2001(historical novel, Christian Ages Press)
Historic Montgomery County: An Illustrated History 2003(Historical Pub. Network, San Antonio)
Indians and Pioneers of Montgomery County 2006,&2010 (Historical Pub.Network)
March to Destiny: Cultural Legacy of S. F. Austin’s Colony 2009(ROC Press)
Celebrating Togetherness: 1st Republic of TX, 1813 booklet, 2011, TX Herald Press
Articles, on National Security Affairs“Kissinger & Carter: Contrasts on Africa” National Defense Journal, Dec.1979
“Fall of Somoza”(Nicaragua) Parameters(Nat’l War College Journal)Mar.1980
“Middle Eastern Maelstrom” National Defense, June 1980
“Questionable Mideast Strategy” National Defense, June 1981
“Mideast Defense” National Defense, July 1981
( Reprinted in US Army War College Study Documents, Carlisle Barracks, PA)
“Psychological Warfare in Latin America” Air University Review, July 1982
(Reprinted in Spanish and Portuguese Editions)
“Reagan’s Mideast Plan” Conflict Quarterly(Univ.Canada),May 1983
(Reprinted US Army Command & Staff College)
“US Caribbean Basin Strategy” National Defense, May 1983
“Defense Initiatives in the Caribbean” National Defense, June 1983
“US Peacetime Engagement” Conflict Quarterly, Dec. 1994
“Paradigms of Just War” Ethics & Critical Thinking Journal, Sept. 1998
“Transformational Politics of the New World Order” Texas Journal of Political Studies, Aug. 1999
“Humans as Resources” Oxford Journal, Religion & Society Studies, 2002
OTHER PUBLICATIONS, & Papers, et al
Five Book Reviews: Conflict Quarterly & National Defense; Four Articles in THE HANDBOOK OF TEXAS; Newspaper Columnist (Had a regular column “World Currents”, multiple dozens of articles in five newspapers); Seven articles in The Herald, Journal of Montgomery County Genealogical-Historical Society; Several Articles & Editorials in WESTVIEW Magazine; Numerous scholarly paper presentations (three at Oxford University, UK) and panel discussions, scholarly addresses (&other) at academic conventions. Grants secured: Regional Studies (for SWOSU), from the Strake Foundation (for a Conference on the African-American Experience in Montgomery County of which conference I am the originator and coordinator)
ORGANIZATIONS, OFFICES & HONORS
Oxford Society of Scholars: Fellow to Diplomate to Scholar Level & member of the Oxford Society Panel of Referees (chair, committee on recruitment); University Seminar on Armed Forces & Society (invited Fellow, University of Chicago based); Southwest Oklahoma Community Foundation, Founder & Chair; On Board of Directors, Oklahoma Writers Federation; President, Oklahoma Hispanic Association in Higher Education; Secretary, Oklahoma Governor’s Advisory Committee on Hispanics; Chair, Custer County Republican Party; Former 32nd Degree Mason, Bible Study Teacher, Recipient of the “Hall of Fame Award” of the Montgomery County Genealogical & Historical Society; President of Montgomery County Genealogical & Historical Society, President Stoneham-Greenwood Reunion Historical Society, Member Grimes County Historical Commission; CEO Christian Ages, Inc.(non profit org.), CEO K&M Agriculture & Research Enterprises; Music Director, Richards Baptist Church. President, Heritage Preservation Committee, for City of Navasota. Newspaper columns Conroe Courier and Navasota Examiner.
Birthday, 20 October 1938
Married, four children
At Conroe (Texas) High School: Honorable mention all state quarterback, 1957, leading scorer in the district; vice president of Sophomore class, president of Jr. & Sr. Classes; voted best personality, best athlete, best “all round” of Conroe High, and class favorite of Sophomore, Jr. & Sr. classes.
Also, while in high school, led a country-rock band, with a live radio show on KMCO. In college, vice president, freshman class, et al.